Transferlife™ is an innovative, disposable sheet for effortless transfer of patients from one bed to the other or from bed to stretcher and vice- verse without lifting the patient. It is fabric based solution that requires only one to two caregivers for patient transfer and reduces transfer time & effort significantly. The sheet includes a top surface & a bottom surface, wherein the bottom surface has a substantially low coefficient of friction. The sheet has inbuilt system that provides rigidity & strength to enable smooth patient transfer.
Transferlife™ – A Novel Patient Transfer Device has been developed under School of International Biodesign (SIB) supported by Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Ministry of Science & Technology , Government of India implemented at All India Institute of Medical Sciences(AIIMS) & Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi (IITD).
The technology for Transferlife™ is being licensed by BCIL to M/s. Vista Furnishing Pvt. Ltd., Ghaziabad for expeditious commercialization for addressing this long unmet need.
- Avoids the process of lifting the patient while transferring from one bed to the other which can cause injury to patients especially spinal injury and
- Simple, Robust, Quality product which enables patient transfer among beds or stretchers of different heights.
- No maintenance, storage or power source required for patient transfer.
- Protects mattress by absorbing body fluids.
- No insertion is required underneath the patient for transfer.
- Class 1 device – Exempted from certification.
- Waterproof, Sterile and can be used upto 48 hours
- Disposable and gamma sterilized—protects from infection
- Friction reducing sheath decreases physical strain to the users.
- Sterile & disposable, controls cross – contamination, laundry & sterilization costs.
- Ability to transfer the patients on beds and stretchers of different heights up to 6” and gap up to 3”
Areas of Application
- Operation Theaters
- Patient wards
- Emergency departments
- Military & Paramilitary units
Benefits of Product
- Does not compromise the safety of the patients and caregivers alike.
- Reduces caregivers’ effort as compared to traditional methods of shifting patients
- Avoids the time consuming and cumbersome process of collecting the manpower to move the patient causing unnecessary delays
- No upfront capital expenditure required by the hospital
- Mitigates the loss of productivity of manpower associated with the
existing methods of transferring patients.
- Low cost alternative to the various techniques of transferring patients.